Certified Digital Transformation Professional (CDTP)
Lead and succeed Digital Transformation initiatives
Key Benefits of Attending:
- Understand the true concept of digital transformation with all related new emerging digital technologies and the impact on organisations in the digital era
- Discover the guiding principles of the “METRICS” approach to undertake the digital transformation and the roadmap
- Explore and analyse all new possible digital business models and platforms
- Explore case studies of Blockchain, Analytics and AI applications
- Explore readiness, strategies, opportunities and challenges at your organization.
- Practice Exam Questions
- Take the exam online in the classroom
Digital transformation is not an option or choice; it is a destiny for all organisations, and it is not anymore about big eats small anymore, but it becomes about fast eats slow. Digital Strategy is not enough, new emerging digital technologies capabilities and new transformation and digital mindset and culture are crucial to execute.
The evolution from paper-based to electronic processes and now to digital is part of the natural change which is happening across all industries.
As it was impossible for an organisation to continue operating with papers without using computers, the Internet and electronic forms in the late 20th century, it is now impossible for organisations to survive and succeed without moving into a digital economy in this century.
Digital transformation is the mechanism to move to the next level of the evolution by leveraging the new emerging digital technologies and identifying new digital business models to create new values of products/services, prices, customer experiences and platforms. Every organisation must adopt the digital transformation to create the market disruption otherwise it will be disrupted by competitors and, ultimately, might be put out of business – which is exactly what happened with Nokia, Blackberry, Kodak and many others.
Digital Transformation will be executed through new digital business models built upon new emerging digital technologies. Data Analytics, Big Data, AI, IOT, IIOT, Smart Cities, Cloud Computing, Cybersecurity and Blockchain will be explained
This course will let delegates understand the true meaning of digital transformation. They will learn and think about the strategy and execution of digital transformation and the necessary elements to succeed. Delegates will be exposed to the Mindset, Execution, Transformation, Regulations, Innovation, Customer and Strategy (METRICS) approach and the clear structured roadmap of digital transformation. Case studies will be presented and workshop about your business exploring opportunities and challenges will be conducted.
The delivery of this program will be highly interactive with discussion and group works through several workshops. Attendees will practise several activities involved with the different phases of digital transformation and digital technologies.
The Concept of Digital Transformation
- Value and impacts
- Digital transformation
- Strategy, technologies, and culture
Digital Change and Digital Transformation, and Impact on Businesses
- Digital change – a new version of a past methodology
- Digital transformation – transforming the business with new business models
New Values and New Digital Business Models
- Offering value
- Price value
- Digital customer experience value
- Platform and business models value
The Guiding Principles of the “METRICS” Approach
- Using the “METRICS” approach to plan and implement digital transformation
The Principal of Mindset: Digital and Transformation Mindset
- Creative digital innovation mindset
- Transformation mindset
- Leadership mindset alignment
The Execution capabilities
- Strategy vs Execution
- Digital capabilities
- Digital Transformation Management Capability
- Innovation Capability
- Digital Transformation is a Journey
- Iterative, Incremental and Agile execution
- Transformation vs. Digital Change
- Digital transformation – why, what, and how
- Business models and Digital Technologies
- Transformation and Innovation
Applying the Regulations Approach of Digital Transformation
- Transformation governance
- PMO and Standards
- Portfolio management
- Programme management
- Project management
- Agile Methodologies
Applying the Innovative Approach of Digital Transformation
- Creating innovative business values and business models
- Products and services
- Business model innovation
- App clouds
- Internet of Everything (IoE)
- Emerging digital technologies
- Customer centricity
- Employee centricity
- Innovation team
- Innovation culture and process
Applying the Customer Values Approach of Digital Transformation
- Using products and/or services, price, customer experience, and platforms for the transformation
- Internal values
- Value management
- External values
- Customer experience
- Benefits realization for the wider business and IT division
- Business cases
- Intangible value
- It is not about technology, but the values and the outcomes for the business
Understanding How Organisations Need to build Strategy
- Strategic response
- Offensive response
- Defensive response
- Digital business models
- Platform perspectives
- Response at speed
- Internal response
Understanding the Roadmap of Digital Transformation Readiness
- An introduction to the roadmap and its 8 detailed phases
- Phases 1-4:
- Assigning leadership digital mindsets and transformation champions
- Analyzing the market and capturing any transformation initiatives in the industry
- Establishing response strategies (offensive or defensive) based on the market
- Innovating based on the digital strategy
- Phases 5-8:
- Activating transformation readiness – assessing the organisation infrastructure and internal capabilities
- Preparing use cases, and identifying the most relevant and challenging use cases and build business case
- Defining the portfolio, governance, and plan with more use cases using agile methodologies
- Executing, managing, and monitoring the transformation
Prof. El-Masri received his Electronic Engineering Degree (1993), his Software Engineering Master’s Degree (1994) and PhD (1997) from Grenoble National Polytechnic Institute (France).
He worked at Hokkaido University (Japan) from 1998 until 2001, leading the development of an advanced software system project for telecommunications companies NTT and DoCoMo, and he was Assistant/Associate Professor at University of Western Sydney (Australia) from 2001 until 2006.
Prof. El-Masri worked in the IT industry as a Senior Project / Program Manager in leading IT consulting companies in Sydney, Australia from 2006 until 2009. Prof. El-Masri was a Professor and Senior eHealth Industry Consultant from 2009 until 2014 at King Saud University (Saudi Arabia). He has more than 100 published research papers on advanced digital technologies in international journals, books and conferences.
Prof. El-Masri worked for General Electric (GE) from 2014 as a Senior Regional Director for industrial Internet and digital projects in the MENA region until 2017. Prof. El-Masri is certified in Digital Business Transformation Management and PRINCE2, and he now works as a Senior Consultant, expert and professional Trainer in Digital Transformation, Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, Big Data Analytics, Data Science, Machine Learning, cloud platforms, and Internet of Things (IoT).
Prof. El-Masri is a public speaker, the founder and the CEO of Digitalization providing consulting and training services to the large companies and organizations in the region on Digital Transformation and emerging Digital Technologies.